Planning and Activities
Research the basic needs of an Anglo-Saxon settlement and design your own.
- To understand how groups of Anglo-Saxons decided where to start settlements in Britain by considering both the local environment and the wider environment.
- To take into account the needs of individuals and communities when planning a new settlement.
- List the basic needs that a new settlement should provide.
- Understand how local resources can be used by a settlement.
- Interpret and draw sketch maps.