Teaching and Activities
Learn about tribal attacks and the way the Anglo-Saxons spread across the country by playing a dramatic invasion game.
- To understand that several different tribes invaded Britannia after the Romans left in the early 5th century.
- To understand that Britain was a suitable place to settle and to use maps to show where the tribes came from originally.
- Identify where the different tribes who were attacking and invading Britain came from.
- Explain why the Romans left Britain in the early 5th century.
- Understand how the Anglo-Saxon tribes gradually spread across the country.