Teaching and Activities
Working with the timeline of Britain, the children learn about how the Anglo-Saxons fit into the British chronology, discuss the terms ‘invaders’ and ‘settlers’ and the implications of invasions.
- To understand that Britain has been invaded and settled numerous times and place these into context.
- To discuss and understand the meaning of the terms ‘invaders’ and ‘settlers.’
- Define the terms invaders and settlers.
- Place significant dates concerning the Anglo-Saxons on a timeline of British history.
- Discuss why invasions are not always unpopular and why settlers are not always welcome.