Teaching and Activities
Children are given example landscapes, each with their own advantages and disadvantages for farming, and are asked to come up with their own solutions. Learn how the Maya farmed the same lands.
- To find out how the Maya farmed their land.
- To find out how the Maya grew crops.
- To find out how the Maya adapted farming to the environments they lived in.
- Demonstrate understanding of human geography, especially land use.
- Explain how certain plants can be processed to be eaten.
- Explain how the Maya undertook agriculture in difficult environments.