Planning and Activities
Learn about the childhood of the Maya and how skills were passed down from parents; draw murals of everyday life; weave simple and elaborate mats ready for the class celebration.
- To learn about childhood in Maya society.
- To study examples from Maya art and draw scenes of everyday life on a class mural.
- Learn about the differences between childhoods for the rich and for the poor Maya.
- Understand that life and trade skills were passed down from parents to children and that family life was extremely important.
- Gain an understanding of Maya life and draw scenes of everyday life on a class mural.