Teaching and Activities
Discover what was happening in Germany in the 1930’s and why this eventually led to war. Know which countries were involved locate them on a map of Europe.
- To understand the events surrounding the outbreak of war and what this meant for children.
- To use geographical knowledge and skills to locate countries that played a part at the start of WW2.
- Learn about the events that led up to Britain declaring war on Germany in 1939.
- Place significant events in a timeline.
- Begin to learn the locations of countries in Europe and the part they played at the start of WW2.