Teaching and Activities
Discover how Britain was on the brink of invasion in July 1940 as Hitler made plans for Operation Sealion. Learn what newly elected Prime Minister Winston Churchill planned to do about it. Create some model fighter planes from recycled materials.
- To understand the events that led to The Battle of Britain.
- To learn techniques of modelling with card and papier maché to join sections together create strong structures.
- Place significant events on a timeline.
- Understand the events that led up to the Battle of Britain – the threat of a German invasion and Winston Churchill’s plans to defend Britain from attack.
- Either investigate Hitler and Churchill’s plans in more detail or begin to model Battle of Britain fighter planes using drinks bottles and papier maché.