Planning and Activities
Learn about the D-Day landings and the beginning of the liberation of Europe; write coded messages; study the map of the English channel and the Normandy beaches.
- To know that the D-Day landings were a significant turning point in the war, and to begin to consider how people working on the Home Front may have helped with the planning and organisation of the operation.
- To identify features of the English Channel and the coasts of Southern England and Northern France.
- Consider how the people of Britain would feel now that the war had be going on for years.
- Begin to know about the D-Day landings and the beginning of the liberation of Europe.
- Understand what people at home might have done to help the D-Day landings.
- Look at a map of the English Channel and begin to understand why Normandy beaches were a surprise choice.