Planning and Activities
Learn about how people cross over rivers and about different bridge designs; test bridge strength and begin to understand how forces act on bridges.
- To understand the different ways people have found to cross over rivers and the challenges each presents.
- To investigate the strength of different shaped bridges; developing skills of measuring, fair testing and collaboration.
- Understand the different ways people cross rivers.
- Know how place names can be derived from river crossings.
- Play a quiz game that will help them learn about some well known bridges.
- Investigate the strength of different bridges, measuring variables and recording results.
- Begin to understand the scientific forces that act on bridges.