Learn about how a river is formed. Follow the journey of a river and draw a sketch map of a river and the features found along the way.
- To understand the nature of a river: that it flows downwards from high ground to the sea and that it has the power to erode and shape the landscape over time.
- To begin to learn geographical vocabulary associated with rivers and their features.
- Learn how a river forms on high ground and how it changes as it journeys to the sea
- Be able to use maps, atlases and digital computer mapping to follow the journey of a river and record the place names it passes through
- Sketch a map of a river and begin to notice features along the way