Teaching and Activities
Consider and discuss some paintings from Monet’s River Thames series. Discover the importance of light and colour to Monet in creating an impression of a scene. Paint a version of Monet’s work using 4 carefully matched colours.
- To understand and explore how Claude Monet used light and colour to create impressions of River Thames.
- Look closely at some of the River Thames series of paintings by the French artist Claude Monet, thinking particularly about his use of light and colour to create an impression.
- Learn some facts about the life and work of Claude Monet.
- Mix and match colours from Monet’s work and record this in sketchbooks.
- Use the 4 predominant colours to paint their own version of one on Monet’s River Thames paintings.
- Discuss and evaluate their own work and that of others.