Teaching and Activities
Discover how the Victorian era was a time of great change and in particular how the coming of railways impacted on coastal towns.
- To begin to understand what a Victorian beach holiday was like.
- To begin to understand that the building of railways and the idea of leisure time had an impact on coastal towns.
- Begin to understand that the Victorian era was a time of great change for the people of Britain.
- Use photos and paintings to get a better understanding of how Victorians spent their leisure time.
- Consider how and why our holidays are similar and different to the Victorian holidays.
- Begin to consider that the introduction of railways had an impact on coastal towns.