Teaching and Activities
Using an atlas, locate the highest peaks in each of the 7 continents, identify to which mountain ranges they belong and in which countries the ranges are.
- To locate, using an atlas, the highest peaks in each of the 7 continents
- To identify to which mountain range they belong and which countries the ranges are in.
- To consider the achievements of mountaineers such as Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay.
- Identify the different continents of the world.
- Use an atlas to locate large mountain ranges and the highest peaks in each continent.
- Begin to consider dangerous challenge of mountain climbing, what some people have achieved and why they might have chosen to undertake such a challenge.