Planning and Activities
Children will learn about Iron Age villages and houses and create their own miniature round house!
- To gain an understanding of what an Iron Age village would have looked like, researching round houses and what happened inside them.
- To understand the functions and structure of a round house by creating a model with a lifting roof.
- Understand how a round house was made and occupied.
- Identify with the Iron Age people and empathise with life in a round house.
- Construct a round house out of a range of art materials.