Teaching and Activities
Find out about the online game of Minecraft and notice the amazing 3D modelling it contains. Are you ready for your own 3D architectural challenge using Sketchup software?
- To understand how 3D modelling uses familiar 3D shapes to create structures.
- To explore how 2D shapes form the basis of various pyramids, prisms and cylinders.
- Build structures from cubed blocks according to specific instructions.
- Watch Minecraft introduction to familiarise themselves with 3D modelling.
- Identify 3D shapes from 2D representations.
- Explore Sketchup and begin to familiarise themselves with specific feature.
- Suggest possible 3D shapes that 2D shapes could be the basis of.