Planning and Activities
Look back at the beginnings of rugby. Research William Web Ellis, a pupil at Rugby School, and get to know the Gilberts, the makers of the first rugby balls who lived in the town of Rugby, where the game is said to have its origins.
- To understand the history of rugby.
- To research William Webb Ellis and William Gilbert, and understand their roles in the creation of the modern game of rugby.
- To practice double stitching on card in preparation for making a mini rugby ball.
- Begin to understand the origins of rugby.
- Understand what role William Webb Ellis and William Gilbert played in the creation of rugby as a game.
- Practice double stitching on card in preparation for making a mini rugby ball.