Planning and Activities
Explore how Baghdad was the centre of a trade network that extended from China to Ireland, and from Scandinavia to sub-Saharan Africa. Illustrate maps with trade routes, transportation methods and goods traded.
- To explore the trade network of Baghdad c. CE 900
- To map trade links from China to Britain through Baghdad
- Locate the world's countries on atlases or online mapping.
- Determine long distance trade routes c. CE 900.
- Locate the origins of trade items c. CE 900.