Planning and Activities
Explore the remarkable portraiture of Kahlo and identify how she reflects her own personality and feelings in her paintings. Bring your own ideas for a self-portrait together.
- To learn about the life and artwork of Frida Kahlo.
- To explore ways that feelings can be portrayed through portraiture.
- To sketch the basis of a self-portrait using charcoal.
- To describe feelings using a wide range of vocabulary.
- To express feelings through self-portraiture.
- Explore the style and influences of artist Frida Kahlo.
- Identify the key elements of Kahlo’s portraits that relate to her feelings.
- Plan the main elements of their own self-portrait that represents personal feelings from a given time.
- Sketch an outline of their own self-portrait in charcoal.