Planning and Activities
Explore the distinctive design style of Morris and the patterns he designed. Identify his style and influences as well as his use of mathematical pattern and symmetry to inform their own designs.
- To learn about the life, work and influences of William Morris.
- To sketch and create motifs of personal interest.
- To identify symmetry in patterns.
- To complete symmetrical images.
- Explore the designs and motifs of Morris, identifying key techniques, style and influences.
- Sketch aspects of a personal passion in order to create a motif design using Morris as an influence.
- Complete, recognise and use symmetry in patterns.