Planning and Activities
Children will explore how Medieval people used natural dyes to colour their clothing and how the different types of dyes reflected whether they were rich or poor.
- Learn about the clothing worn by rich and poor people in medieval times and how it was coloured using natural dyes from plant materials.
- Learn and investigate how dyes can be created from everyday plant materials.
- Learn how dyes can be made from plant materials and how these are fixed using a mordant.
- Chop dye stuffs to make natural dyes as in medieval times.
- Learn about medieval clothing for rich and poor.
- Create a medieval outfit for a cardboard figure and display it with a description of the clothing used.