Teaching and Activities
Learn about the history of block printing and block printed cottons of the 18th Century; design an image and convert your design to a print block.
- Learn the early history of Block Printed textiles, how British printers took up the craft from the 1600s and how this led to the fashion for printed cotton clothes from the 18th century onwards.
- Design and make a print block from craft foam and card that reflects their interests and personality.
- Learn the history of block printing and how block printed cottons came to be used for clothes in the 18th century.
- Design an image for a print block that reflects their interests and personality.
- Convert their design to a print block using craft foam and mount it on cardboard ready to use for printing next session.