Teaching and Activities
Arrange a fire drill to excite and engage your children in finding out more about how we fight fires today compared with how fires were fought in 17th century. Then begin to generate questions about the Great Fire of London, ready to research the answers and report in a class newspaper special.
To find out more about how we fight fires today compared with the 17th century.
To generate and answer questions about the Great Fire of London.
- Experience our modern day health and safety based approach to the dangers of fire.
- Begin to realise things have not always been the same as today.
- Develop some understanding of chronology.
- Begin to think about and ask questions to lead us into research.
- Record their questions using a question mark.