Planning and Activities
Discuss the properties of ideal buildings, including function and materials (this is an ideal opportunity to plan a visit from an Architect).
To read and learn the poem ‘Wanted’ and to discuss models and drawings of a fantasy building.
To construct models or draw plans of fantasy buildings, depicting and discussing their ideas.
To list and discus appropriate building materials for the construction of fantasy buildings.
- Learn the poem Wanted by heart.
- Identify rhyming words and build phonic knowledge.
- Recognise difference between writing lists and writing in sentences.
- Design and represent their idea for imaginative, fantasy buildings.
- Begin to name simple properties of everyday materials.