Learn some theories about how the wheel was developed over time, both in Sumer and in other geographical locations. Explore the impact of the wheel and learn how to make a modelchariot based on the Ancient Sumer wheel.
- To know that the wheel was invented in Ancient Sumer (and possibly other places concurrently).
- To understand how the wheel reduces friction when pulling (or pushing) a heavy load.
- To make a model Ancient Sumer chariot based on original images and clay models.
- Discuss possible theories for the development of the wheel.
- Appreciate that the wheel may have been invented in more than one place at about the same time.
- Understand the importance of the wheel in Ancient Sumer and today.
- Make a model Ancient Sumerian chariot based on Ancient Sumerian contemporary images.