Teaching and Activities
Learn some theories about how the wheel was developed over time, both in Sumer and in other geographical locations. Explore the impact of the wheel and learn how to make a modelchariot based on the Ancient Sumer wheel.
- To know that the wheel was invented in Ancient Sumer (and possibly other places concurrently).
- To understand how the wheel reduces friction when pulling (or pushing) a heavy load.
- To make a model Ancient Sumer chariot based on original images and clay models.
- Discuss possible theories for the development of the wheel.
- Appreciate that the wheel may have been invented in more than one place at about the same time.
- Understand the importance of the wheel in Ancient Sumer and today.
- Make a model Ancient Sumerian chariot based on Ancient Sumerian contemporary images.