Teaching and Activities
Locate and describe the River Nile; list some of the animals and plants associated with the Nile; in a group create a large scale map of the River Nile in Egypt.
- To understand the vital role of the Nile for the Ancient Egyptians and know that the Ancient Egyptians regarded the river as a god.
- To locate and describe key features of the River Nile.
- Explain that the Ancient Egyptians settled along the banks of the River Nile.
- Describe two gods associated with the river and its animals.
- Locate Egypt and the River Nile on maps.
- Describe the climate of Egypt.
- Work as a group to produce a large scale map of Ancient Egypt and the River Nile.