Teaching and Activities
Take a journey back through time to learn about how The Grand Canyon was formed. Discover the human impact on the region and create your own homage to this spectacular region through a piece of art.
- To discover how the Grand Canyon was formed and learn about the Havasupai and the Hualapai people.
- Create an abstract piece of art using original geographical symbols.
- Watch a series of videos about how the Grand Canyon was formed, looking at plate tectonics, river flow and debris flow.
- Learn about the Havasupai and Hualapai people living in the Grand Canyon region.
- Identify modern land-use, settlement and tourism in the Grand Canyon.
- Create a symbolic abstract piece of art that reflects the three key geological events that carve/d out the Canyon and human and cultural features of the region.