Teaching and Activities
Journey along the great Amazon River into the Amazon Basin and use maps, satellite images and film to create a narrative about the region. Learn about the region through numbers and create a geographical infographic poster.
- To explore the climate zones, rivers, biomes and vegetation belts of the Amazon Basin.
- To interpret, analyse and represent data to identify trends.
- Travel to the Amazon Basin and experience it as an environment from maps, satellite images and film.
- Become environmental scientists and analyse physical and human geography statistics and present them in graphical form.
- Create an ‘Amazon Basin in numbers’ poster.