Teaching and Activities
Learn about the rainfall of rainforests; listen to rainforest rain and animal sounds; make rain-sticks and start to explore making rain sounds.
- To become familiar with climate and rainfall facts of temperate and tropical rainforests
- To imagine life in a rainforest by listening to, and discussing, the sounds of the forest and sounds of rainfall.
- To make rain-sticks using cardboard tubes and beads.
- To discuss the sounds they might hear in the rainforest and explore the recreation of those sounds.
- Become familiar with rainfall facts of rainforests and Imagine life in a rainforest
- Explore the recreation of rain sounds using their hands (clapping, clicking, banging thighs)
- Make rain-sticks using cardboard tubes and beads