Teaching and Activities
Learn about some of the differences in how your grandparents would have experienced music and listen to some popular songs of the time.
To understand that the music their grandparents listened to was different; also that they listened to it on different devices and in a different way.
To recognise examples of songs and music of the time (1950s and 1960s) and become familiar with it by singing it.
- Listen attentively and express opinions about music listened to.
- Recognise changes in living memory relevant to the lesson and order events and ask and answer relevant questions about post-war life in the1940s, 1950s and 1960s.
- Know that times were very different for grandparents.
- Be able to give examples of how things have changed.
- Have listened to a range of music and use voices expressively and creatively by singing songs.
- Know examples of songs and music of the period (Post-war 1950s and 1960s).