Teaching and Activities
Take part in a Viking family role-play and learn about how the Vikings worked together and made decisions.
- To recreate a typical Viking family scenario in relation to developing a new settlement and develop empathy with people of the Viking period.
- To work together in groups to make decisions, explain reasoning and listen to others.
- Understand the Viking hierarchical system.
- Show empathy with Viking freemen/woman and how decisions are made.
- Investigate reasons Vikings moved to new settlements.