Teaching and Activities
Compare ships of different eras; Think about the length of voyages; Make sketches and create a timeline of ships.
To order boats chronologically and identify features of old and modern boats.
To compare journey lengths in terms of hours, days, weeks, months and order dates by considering the numerals that represent the century, the decade, and the year.
To draw a sketch of a boat or ship.
- Identify and compare features of boats and ships of different ages.
- Create a timeline of ships.
- Use language relating to the measurement of time: hours, days, weeks, months.
- Order dates chronologically using century, decade, year.
- Use a pencil to sketch a boat.