Teaching and Activities
Alien visitors to the UK are confused and need your help! They need to report back on the countries, major cities, flags and languages of the UK to see if it might be a good intergalactic tourist location. Use maps, atlases and globes to show them these key aspects of the UK.
- To find and mark on a map the UK, its surrounding seas and four constituent countries.
- To create a country file for each of the four countries of the UK, using maps and atlases.
- Identify and locate the countries of the UK and their capital cities on maps, atlases and globes.
- Start to develop the skills involved in using maps, atlases and globes in order to find information.
- Create a Union Jack flag using the composite country flags.
- Create a tourist guide map to the local area.
- Create a city guide for one capital city.
- Create a photo montage of one of the UK countries.
- Write a poem about one of the UK's capital cities.