Teaching and Activities
Float through the sky in a hot air balloon – what can you see? Compare images and identify buildings and locate these on a map using symbols.
To examine aerial photographs and maps, then devise a simple map with symbols.
- Listen to and enjoy ‘The Blue Balloon’ by Mick Inkpen.
- Imagine a ride in a hot air balloon.
- Identify basic human and physical features from aerial photos.
- Devise own map and basic symbols using a key.
- Compare with OS map and symbols, including contour lines.