Planning and Activities
Bossy puppet gives directions and/or instructions to create a route. Children devise own route and record as a plan. ‘Rosie’s Walk’ by Pat Hutchins.
To give and follow directions/instructions; to record directions/instructions as a simple route.
- Follow instructions to move around classroom: turn right, touch the window; turn left, open the door; go under the nearest table; go round the furthest chair.
- Copy puppet’s modelling to give directions/instructions to partner.
- Record directions/instructions as a route, using symbols.
- Use another pair’s recording to work out their route.
- Learn about the points on a compass.