- Understand the difference between geo and heliocentric solar system and how views have evolved.
- Reconstruct a model of the solar system in the form of an orrery.
- Present information and findings in the form of a video programme.
- Know the difference between geo and heliocentric solar system and how views have evolved.
- Build an orrery of our solar system.
- Create episode one of Stargazing which explains how the solar system works and what is in it.
Investigation - exploring/analysing secondary sources
Create an orrery to explore heliocentricity.
Earth, planets, Sun, solar system, sphere/spherical, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, orbit, geocentric & heliocentric models, opinion/fact, accuracy, precision, scatter graphs, line graphs, support/refute, orrery