- To understand the terms predator, prey, producer and consumer and use them to describe the relationship between living things.
- To construct a food chain/web and use it to consider the interconnectivity of living things.
- Play an active mime game to reinforce the feeding behaviours of herbivores, carnivores & omnivores (Yrs 3&4)
- Construct a food web and use it to derive information on predators, prey, producers and consumers, either independently with unfamiliar organisms (Yr4) or with some support using more familiar organisms (Yr3)
- Understand, reason and discuss the interconnectivity between living things in a food web (Yrs 3&4)
How are the animals and plants on earth interconnected? Investigate food chains and food webs, predators, prey, producers and consumers. (analysing secondary sources) Create food chain dance sequences with narration to show the relationship between each thing.
Year 3- Draw the food chain and label producers, consumers, predators and prey
Year 4 – Write a narration script to accompany the food chain dance
Herbivore, carnivore, omnivore, food chain, food web, producer, consumer, predator, prey, energy