- Note a variety of trees and discuss their similarities and differences.
- Take bark and leaf rubbings using paper and wax crayons.
- Represent a tree through playground art and record their art pieces.
- Invite another class to see their art work.
- Explore the outdoor area, looking specifically at the trees.
- Discuss and become familiar with the similarities and differences between evergreen and deciduous trees.
- Represent a tree through playground art, using cloths, chalk and found materials.
- Show an awareness of the role of the roots, bark, trunk, branches and leaves of a tree.
Investigation - exploring
Do bark and leaf rubbings using paper and wax crayons.
Understand the basic structure of a tree and what goes on inside.
Represent the inside of a tree through playground art, using cloths, chalk and found materials.
Plant, leaf, grow, deciduous, evergreen, roots, stem, leaves, flower, trunk, bark