Teaching and Activities
Introduce Winston Churchill and begin to research facts about Britain’s wartime leader. Learn to select and evaluate information from a range of sources.
- To research and select historical information about Churchill’s life.
- To write captions to accompany photos of Churchill during the war and write fictional quotes using historical context for content.
- Develop an understanding of who Churchill was and his significance as a leader.
- Become curators of a Churchill exhibition, identifying significant pieces of historic information and gathering facts from a range of sources.
- Create captions to accompany photos of Churchill during the war.
- Write possible ‘quotes’ from people who encountered Churchill during the war.