Teaching and Activities
Learn about how palaeoartists reconstruct dinosaurs from fossils and try it yourself!
- To collate already known information about dinosaurs and compare modern animals to dinosaurs.
- To reconstruct a dinosaur by building up clay layers on a plastic or wooden dinosaur skeleton.
- Draw on already known information about dinosaurs and form research questions.
- Know how living things, and the bone structure of fossils, can influence a palaeoartist’s reconstruction.
- Consider how palaeoartists use this information to hypothesise about what dinosaurs looked like.