Teaching and Activities
Looking at examples of Roman mosaics and reading and learning about who had these and what they indicated about the owners place in society.
- To investigate Roman mosaics, discovering where they have been found and what they depicted.
- Understand the role of archaeologists in uncovering remains and how the past can be pieced together.
- To explore and discuss mosaics as an art form brought to Britain by the Romans, looking particularly at borders.
- To explore and develop different border patterns to use for a large printed mosaic.
- Know the significance of mosaics in Roman art.
- Generate a repeating mosaic style pattern of coloured squares on a grid.