Row - Row - Row Your Bakes
Understanding and using arrays
Missing number additions and subtractions, including bar models.
Use Frog to find the difference between 2-digit numbers, first on landmarked lines, then drawing own lines.
Solve addition and subtraction word problems.
Suggested for Day 1
Add 3 single-digit numbers (simmering skills)
Compare 2-digit numbers using > and < (pre-requisite skills)
Pairs to 20p (pre-requisite skills)
- Use four different numbers from this list to complete the number sentences below.
5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 55
☐ + ☐ = 60
☐ + ☐ = 60
- Write the missing number in the box.
10 + ☐ = 16 + 3
32 + 6 = 40 - ☐
- Poppy and Jay count cars. Poppy counts 37 red cars. Jay counts 24 blue cars. How many cars do they count altogether?
- There are 65 cakes. 15 boys and 29 girls each take a cake. How many cakes are left?
- Peta buys a cake for 73p and pays with £1. How much change should she get?
In-depth Investigation: Lots of Lollies
Children use their knowledge of factors and multiples to work out how many lollies were in the bag. Lots of Lollies from nrich.maths.org.