Mastery: Reasoning and Problem-Solving
- Count on in 5-minute intervals from 11:30. Write the times you say until 12:15.
- Write the time half an hour after:
(a) Tea-time 4:35pm
(b) Bed-time 8:05
(d) Breakfast time 7:40
- A bell rings every 15 minutes. If the first ring is at 10 past 12, will it ring at:
10 past 2?
5 to 3?
- Create start and end times for these programmes, so that they start before an o’clock time and end after it.
(a) The Cool – 25 minutes
(b) Big Matt – 32 minutes
(c) Cucumber Cat – 49 mins
(d) Don’t Go There – 55 mins
Write the times as pm times and then as 24-hour clock times.
- Calculate the length of Fred’s journey in total. (Don’t count his coffee and shopping time):
Fred catches his train at 9:30am. His train arrives at ten to 11.
He has a coffee and does some shopping. Then he re-starts his journey. He waits 20 minutes for a bus, which then arrives at 12:12. It reaches its destination at 13:30. His Nan picks him up and they get to her house at 14:05.
In-depth investigation: Time to reflect
Y3 Children apply their knowledge of 12-hour digital clocks.
Y4 Children apply their knowledge of 24-hour digital clocks.